Grab your coffee because Travel 2 Los Angeles is delighted to provide another dose of daily Los Angeles News. As always we scour the most noteworthy and largest Los Angeles News sources on the internet. Bookmark Travel 2 Los Angeles so you can check back often as we make sure to bring you brand new Los Angeles News every 12 hours
- An appetite for service
Three servers are celebrating half a century — each — at Echo Park’s storied Taix restaurant.
With its dim warren of dining rooms and hearty menu of ratatouille, filet mignon and duck, Taix feels more Old World than Echo Park.
- Robbers steal suitcase of cash from Bentley
- 340-ton boulder begins tortuous trip to museum
A 340-ton boulder is expected to begin its difficult trek Tuesday night from a Riverside County quarry, rolling to a stop 11 days later in a new art exhibit at LACMA.
- Actress lashes out after Oscar’s arrest by LAPD
Actress Sean Young said she did nothing wrong before her arrest Sunday night after being involved in an altercation with security as she tried to enter an Academy Awards after-party.
- Wal-Mart Signs Lease for Downtown Space
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES – Downtown is set to become home to the first Wal-Mart grocery store in Los Angeles County. Company officials announced plans to open a 33,000 square-foot “Wal-Mart Neighborhood M
- Banco Popular Building to Become Apartments
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES – Developer Allen Gross has reached an agreement to buy the Herman H. Hellman building and plans to convert the 1903 former bank facility, which later housed the Community Redevel
- A New Plaza in Little Tokyo
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES – A grand opening ceremony for a 300-space underground parking garage in Little Tokyo and an aboveground plaza was held last week. City officials including Ninth District Councilw
- Downtowners of Distinction Awards Honor Arts District Condo Complex
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES – It was a long time coming for 940 East 2nd Street, the Arts District condominium complex that was launched in 2005, then trudged through seeming economic disaster before finally
- Police Chase Ends With Two in Custody
A police pursuit that started in Whittier and ended in North Hollywood ended in two arrests Tuesday night.
- Person of Interest Named in Double Homicide
The bodies of two women were discovered in an apartment home in Redondo Beach Tuesday morning, considered to be a double homicide.
- Winter Chill Through Friday
Southern Californians looking for warmer temperatures will have to remain patient as a recent winter storm continues to chill the Southland.
- How Not to Save Gas Money
What would happen in you did everything the experts say you should avoid when it comes to saving gas?
- Deputies Chase Reckless Driving Suspect, Reported Gang Member On SoCal Freeways
Law enforcement chased a driver wanted for reckless driving across the San Gabriel and San Fernando valleys before apprehending the suspect in North Hollywood.
- Police Name Person Of Interest In Mother, Daughter Murder At Redondo Beach Apartment Complex
Police are investigating the murders of two women found dead Tuesday morning in a South Bay apartment.
- Animals Found Clinging To Life After Being Used As Bait In Dog Fighting Circuit
There is a brutal trend in the illegal dog fighting circuit that sacrifices smaller animals as bait to excite the dogs before they go in the ring. CBS2’s Mike Dinow reports on “bait animals” and how more of them are being dumped, clinging to life, in the desert, and are in need of a good home.
- Navy Petty Officer Returns Home Early To Surprise Daughter At Chino School
A Navy petty officer returned from her deployment a little early to surprise a VIP – her 9-year-old daughter.
- Neurologist Confirms Kobe Bryant’s Concussion; Call Up Ebanks From DFenders
After further diagnosis, Neurologist Dr. Vern Williams, confirmed Wednesday that in addition to the nasal fracture, Kobe Bryant suffered a concussion in Sunday’s All-Star game.
- Cypress Law Will Allow Sex Offenders To Only Live Near Cemetery
Sex offenders looking to move into Cypress will now have a hard time finding housing.
Tags: echo park, Los Angeles News, Los Angeles, Herman H. Hellman building